For instance, if the noise in the ears is caused by a middle ear infection, antibiotics may solve the problem.
Here is some simple advice which can help the patient cope with the constant noise of tinnitus:
- Learn to relax. Relaxation techniques can be of great benefit.
- Try to keep your mind occupied with work or hobbies.
- Try not to think of your tinnitus.
- Lower the intake of caffeine - so do not drink too much coffee, tea or cola.
- Maintain a good sleeping pattern - do not sleep during the day.
- Be aware of noise levels.